Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Charming Altered Container for LESSology


I was digging through my closet of items to alter the other day and came across this document tube that was looking pretty sad. Then I happened upon LESSology's Charming Challenge and a project was born!


The paper modged podged onto the tube was previously a very old catalog, the Eiffel Tower was an earring and the old necklace I used to outline the clear rose charm came out of the metal scrap bin! 

Here is a side view of the charms. I liked this photo, it looked like the lady is holding a lantern, but it is really just the sun shining in!


And one more photo of the charm itself. I'm holding it so you can see that it is see through. I taped a clear plastic piece behind my German Rose sticker and then covered the top with some Modge Podge Dimensional Magic. Also threw in a pearl and some glitter! Love making these!


Happy Tuesday!

7 comments:

  1. I love you making these, too - they're just superbly shabby chic...the whole deal is, actually....& that photo! A-MAZING...sure you haven't got happy fairies helping out with your photography???!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my. This looks really awesome Mitra! You are so good at giving new life to old stuff. :)

    Thank you so much for joining us at LESSology! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhhhhhh this is AWESOME!! I love love love love love that Eiffel Tower charm and the bling!! Thanks so much for playing along with LESSology!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow.. there is nothing you cannot alter and make better!! Love the photo of the light coming in.. really does look like she is holding a lit lantern!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You make the most AMAZING charms Mitra. I should know, I look at mine on your winter piece every day. This is soooo beautiful. I can't believe you found that in a scrap bin. The mod podge document holder is a WOWZER of a make over!! Very impressive. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is awesome, love that vintage charm, thanks for sharing it with us at LESSology!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful! Love the charm and your up cycle. Thanks for joining us at LESSology with your wonderful creations.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments. Come on. Leave me one. They make me smile!